In addition to our retail business, we also offer estate sale planning services. Whether you are downsizing, transitioning a loved one into assisted living, or managing the estate of a loved one who has passed, Wizard of Oddz can help take the stress out of estate liquidation. We will provide understanding and respectful staff who will help manage your loved ones’ estate with knowledge and care. Hiring an educated company to manage your estate sale can help provide maximum profit for the home's content with little or no effort required on your part. We service the Cleveland, Ohio area, specifically the south and west side suburbs including Avon, Avon Lake, Bay Village, Berea, Brecksville, Broadview Heights, Brook Park, Brooklyn, Cleveland, Independence, Lakewood, Medina, Middleburg Heights, North Olmsted, North Ridgeville, North Royalton, Olmsted Falls, Olmsted Township, Parma, Parma Heights, Rocky River, Seven Hills, Strongsville and Westlake. Whether you have antiques and collectibles or general household items, Wizard of Oddz can help you get the most bang for your buck!
Estate Sale Planning Process:
- We will come to the home and provide a free consultation and assessment of the estate
- In preparing the home for a potential estate sale, the key is DON'T THROW ANYTHING AWAY! Call us first to help you determine what items may be of value. You would be surprised - one man's junk really is another man's treasure!
- Prior to the consultation, you'll need to know what items in the home will be available for sale and what items are being kept by family and friends.
- At the conclusion of the consultation, we can give you an on the spot quote for our services including any clean out services that may be required after the sale.
- If it is decided that an estate sale is the best option for liquidation of the home, we will begin the setup process:
- Investigate all areas of the home including basements, attics, closets, garages, sheds and barns to locate all items of value to be placed up for sale.
- Set up, organize and merchandise all items for maximum buyer appeal during the sale.
- We provide all tables, linens, and other display materials as needed.
- Research and price all items for the sale based on current market value.
- Place signage throughout the home indicating sale policies and off limit areas for buyers.
- Manage the advertising of the sale including listings in local newspapers, Estatesales.net, social media marketing, and signs posted in the areas near the sale location
- We stage and take up to 100 photographs of all items in the sale to appeal to buyers
- We respond to and manage any questions from buyers prior to the sale
- We will obtain any necessary permits required for the sale
- Provide staff to manage the sale and ensure security of belongings
- Sales can last anywhere from 1-3 days depending on the size of the estate and are typically held between Thursday-Sunday
- We recommend that the home owner/executor not be on site during the course of the sale
- We are able to accept credit card payment during the course of the sale.
- It is a proven fact that buyers will spend more if they are able to use credit and there is no additional cost to you for us to provide this service.
- Work with family or executor of estate to determine how to liquidate items that are not sold at the end of the sale (i.e. donate, sell at auction, contact liquidation service, etc.)
- Wizard of Oddz can provide liquidation/clean out services at the conclusion of the sale for an hourly rate
- Within 72 hours after the conclusion of the sale, we will mail payment for your portion of sale profits and a Sale Summary Report.
- Depending on the size of the estate, it can take anywhere from 1-4 weeks to prepare a home for an estate sale.
- Most homes can be prepared in 1-2 weeks.
- If a sale is closing on the home in 2 weeks or less, don't panic! We may still be able to help. Contact us immediately to see if an estate sale is feasible based on our current sale schedule.
- Pricing for our services varies depending on the size and scope of the estate
- Typically, we charge a commission percentage of the overall sales total ranging between 30-50%
- An hourly rate may be charged instead of commission for small estates
- No payment is required up front!!
- We deduct our fee from the net proceeds of the sale so no money is required up front
- For more information on pricing, please feel free to contact us directly